Public reporting burden of this collection of information is estimated to average 70 hours per response. Send comments regarding this burden estimate or any other aspect of this information collection to the Maritime Administration, Office of Management and Information Services, 400 Seventh St., S.W., MAR-318, Room 7301, Washington, D.C. 20590.
INSTRUCTIONS FORAPPLICATION FOR SHIP FINANCING GUARANTEES
Applications for ship financing guarantees (Guarantees) under Title XI, Merchant Marine Act, 1936, as amended (46 U.S.C. 12711280 a; the "Act"), and the regulations prescribed to carry out the provisions of the Act (46 CFR Part 298; the "Regulations"), shall be prepared and submitted in substantially the form annexed. No Title XI Guarantee may be granted unless a completed application has been received.
Prior to filing an application, a preliminary meeting should be arranged with the Director, Office of Ship Financing, in Washington, D.C. to discuss the Title XI application and requirements of the Title XI program.
Please answer each question as completely as possible. The metric measurement system may be used when supplying data. If any item in the application is inapplicable to the Applicant's particular case or the answer is "None," this should be so stated. The application must be printed or typewritten and ten (10) complete copies shall be filed with the Secretary, Maritime Administration. Three of these copies must be duly executed and certified by the applicant. All required attachments must be included with the application, except that only three (3) copies of Attachment III are required. The name and address of the Applicant shall be printed or typed on all accompanying papers for identification. Subsequent amendments and supplements to the application may be in letter form and shall be properly identified.
Applicants must complete Parts I and II. Other parts are to be completed in accordance with the type of Guarantee applied for, as set forth in Part I, Item 5.
A filing fee of $5,000 must accompany the application. Applications will not be processed until the fee is received.
ALL INFORMATION SUPPLIED IN PART I WILL BE RELEASED FOR PUBLIC INFORMATION PURPOSES. ALL INFORMATION SUPPLIED IN PARTS II THROUGH V WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING:
IF THE APPLICATION, INCLUDING THE ATTACHMENTS THERETO, CONTAINS INFORMATION THE APPLICANT CONSIDERS TO BE TRADE SECRETS OR COMMERCIAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552, THE APPLICANT SHALL ASSERT A CLAIM OF EXEMPTION AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION. THE SAME REQUIREMENT SHALL APPLY TO ANY AMENDMENT TO THE APPLICATION.
Any amendment to the application filed shall be marked "Amendment" and shall contain a statement on the first page thereof, clearly identifying the document as an amendment to an application for Financing Guarantees, stating the name of the applicant and the date of the application.
Form MA-163 (4-99)
PART ISUMMARY INFORMATION
1. Name and address of applicant
2. Name and address of parent company (if applicable)
3. Congressional district number of applicant
4. Congressional district number of shipyard
5. Nature of application (check as many as applicable):
__ a) Construction period financing (Also complete Part III)
__ b) Mortgage period financing
__ c) Export Financing
__ d) Refinancing of existing debt (Also complete Part IV)
__ e) Reconditioning/Reconstruction (Also complete Part V)
__ f) Other (specify)
6. The Proposal:
a) Describe briefly the proposed project including a brief description of the vessel(s) and the intended use of the vessel(s).
b) Provide the total estimated actual cost (details to be provided in Part II, Section IV D1); the requested level of financing (i.e., 872%, 75 %); and the estimated guarantee amount.
c) Indicate the requested period of the guarantee.
d) Give the name and address of the shipyard.
e) Indicate the estimated construction commencement and vessel delivery date(s).
f) Flag of vessel(s) upon delivery.
g) Has the Applicant or a related company previously applied for Title XI Guarantees? If so, under what name and what was the outcome?
h) Will the project involve the guarantee of:
__ Bank Debt
__ Other (specify)
i) Name and phone number of principal contact concerning the Title XI application.
j) Does the Applicant have a web site on the Internet? If so please provide the site location.
Form MA-163 (4-99)
PART II - APPLICATION
The undersigned, ______(herein referred to as the "Applicant"), hereby applies to the United States of America, represented by the Secretary of Transportation, acting by and through the Maritime Administrator (the "Administrator" ) under the Act and the Regulations for Ship Financing Guarantees.
I. THE APPLICANT: Its Identity
A. Form of Organization:
Please detail the business structure of the Applicant and any bareboat charterers of the vessel(s) to be financed (e.g., corporation, partnership, limited partnership, limited liability company). Provide the name, place of formation, date of formation and tax identification number or equivalent. In addition, please provide the address of the principal place of business as well as certified copies of the certificate of incorporation and bylaws, certificate of formation, partnership agreement or other documentation forming the entity.
1. The Applicant and any bareboat charterer of the vessel(s) to be financed shall provide the following information regarding the entity's officers, directors, partners or members: name and address, office or position, nationality and interest owned (e.g., shares owned and whether voting or non-voting).
2. Please provide a brief statement of the general effect of each voting agreement, voting trust or other arrangement whereby the voting rights of any interest in the Applicant are controlled or exercised by any person who is not the holder of legal title to such interest.
C. Citizenship - If the Applicant intends that the financed vessel(s) will be operated in the domestic trades of the United States, the Applicant shall submit, as Attachment I to this application, an affidavit of U.S. citizenship for the shipowner and any bareboat charterer of the vessel(s) to the extent required by 46 CFR Part 355. A copy of the prescribed form of corporate affidavit is set out as Attachment I. Non-corporate entities may contact MARAD for a copy of the appropriate prescribed form of affidavit.
II. THE APPLICANT: Background
A. Business Activities - Please provide a brief description of the Applicant's principal business activities during the past 5 years.
B. Affiliated Entities- Please list all business entities that directly or indirectly through one or more intermediaries, control, are controlled by or are under common control with the Applicant. Please indicate the nature of the business transacted by each entity and the relationship between these entities. This information may be presented in the form of a chart. Indicate whether any of the affiliated entities have previously applied for or received Title XI assistance.
C. Bankruptcy - Please indicate whether the Applicant, any predecessor or affiliated entity has been in bankruptcy or reorganization under any insolvency or reorganization proceeding. If so, please give details.
D. Default - Please provide a statement indicating whether the Applicant or any predecessor or affiliated entity is now, or during the past 5 years has been, in default under any agreement or undertaking with others or with the United States of America. Is the Applicant currently delinquent on any Federal debt? If so, please provide explanatory information.
E. Banking References - Please provide the following information:
1. Principal bank(s) or lending institution(s) - name and address
2. Nature of relationship
3. Individual references, name(s), telephone and fax number of banking officer(s).
Form MA-163 (4-99)
F. Financial Information - The Applicant shall submit as Attachment IV the following financial statements, footnoted to explain the basis used for arriving at the figures:
1. The most recent financial statement of the Applicant, its parent and other significant participants, as applicable (year end or intermediate), and the three most recent audited statements with details of all existing debt. If the Applicant is a new entity and is to be funded from or guaranteed by external source(s), it shall provide the above mentioned statements for such source(s);
2. A proforma balance sheet of the Applicant and guarantor (if applicable) as of the estimated date of execution of the guarantees reflecting the assumption of the Title XI obligations, including the current liability; and
3. Pro-forma balance sheets for five years subsequent to the Closing.
Eligible Export Vessels: the Applicant's financial statements shall be in accordance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) if formed in the U.S. or reconciled to U.S. GAAP if formed in a foreign country unless a justification is provided explaining the inability to reconcile.
III. THE APPLICANT: Management/Operations
A. Past Business Activities - A brief description of the principal business activities during the past 5 years of each officer, director, partner or member listed above in item I B.1. If these persons (have) act(ed) as executive officers in other entities, please indicate the names of these entities and whether such entities have defaulted on any U.S. debt.
B. Business Relationships - The name and address of each organization engaged in business activities which have a direct financial relationship to those carried on or to be carried on by the Applicant with which any person listed above has any present business connection, the name of each such person and, briefly, the nature of such connection.
C. Please provide a copy of any management agreement(s) between the Applicant and any related or unrelated organization(s) which will affect the management of the Title XI project.
D. Please provide a detailed statement which shows the ability of the Applicant to successfully operate the vessel(s). If a company other than the Applicant will operate the vessel(s), then this information shall be provided for the operating company together with a copy of the operating agreement.
E. Please provide a general description of the vessels currently owned and/or operated by the Applicant or its affiliates. This description should also include areas of operation.
F. Briefly describe the general character and location of the principal assets employed in the business of the Applicant, other than vessels. Describe financial encumbrances, if any.
IV. THE PROJECT
A. Project Description - The Applicant shall provide a detailed description of the project.
B. Economic Soundness
1. Market Study - The Applicant should provide a market review to demonstrate the need and potential market for the project. The market review should include market indicators (data) outlined in the attached market study guidelines in Attachment VI. The project's expected revenues and expenses should be consistent with the data presented in the market review.
2. Revenue - Provide a detailed statement of the revenues expected to be earned from the project based upon the information provided above. The revenues should be estimated for the projected utilization rate for the vessel(s) and at a break-even rate for the project. A justification for the utilization rate should be supplied and should indicate the number of days per year allowed for maintenance, drydocking, inspection, etc.
Form MA-163 (4-99)
a) Provide a detailed breakdown of estimated vessel daily operating expenses, including wages, insurance, maintenance and repair, fuel, etc. Also provide a detailed projection of anticipated costs associated with long term maintenance of the vessel(s) such as drydocking and major mid-life overhauls, with a time frame for these events over the period of the Guarantee.
b) Provide, if applicable, a detailed breakdown of those expenses associated with the vessel(s) voyage, such as port fees, agency fees and canal fees that are assessed as a result of the voyage.
c) Provide a detailed breakdown of annual capital costs and administrative expenses, segregated as to:
1) Interest on debt;
2) Principal amortization; and
3) Salaries and other administrative expenses (indicate basis of allocation).
4. Forecast of Operations - Utilizing the revenues and expenses provided above, provide a forecast of operations for the Title XI project on a cash basis for the Applicant's first full year of operations and the next four years. Please indicate what current revenues and utilization levels are for similar vessels. The Applicant should provide adequate backup detail to support its assumptions.
C. Design Complete Attachment II and Attachment III of this application. In addition, please provide the name of the proposed supervising architect and state his/her experience and qualifications.
If the vessel(s) has already been delivered, copies of the classification and certificates should be submitted with the application.
D. Cost of the ProjectThe following information shall be submitted with respect to the cost of the project.
1. Actual Cost of Construction - A detailed statement of the estimated actual cost of construction, reconstruction or reconditioning of the vessel(s) including those items which would normally be capitalized as vessel construction costs and other items requested to be included in Actual Cost:
Shipyard Contract Price $
Changes & Extras
Owner Furnished Items
Net Interest during Construction
Commitment Fee(s) ______
Total Actual Cost (excluding foreign items) $
Foreign Equipment and Service (by category as
shown above) ______
Total Actual Cost (including foreign items) $
Please provide a justification for the inclusion in Actual Cost of any foreign equipment or services.
If any category above is inapplicable, enter zero beside that category. Net Interest during Construction is total estimated construction period interest on nonequity funds less estimated earnings from the escrow fund, if such fund is to be established.
If the project involves refinancing, Attachment V should be completed at the time of filing the application.
2. Contracts - If any of the above costs have been incurred by written contracts such as the shipyard contract, management or operating agreement, signed copies should be forwarded with the application. If any contracts are anticipated to be signed, provide a draft(s), and indicate the expected date(s) of execution. The Applicant will be required to have the contracting shipyard submit backup cost details and technical data.